Friday, December 17, 2010

Manitoba Lights [USA]

OK! Hell0 everyone! Angry Ska christmas(?) starts early!
Im preparing a bunch of exclusive posts to put up this week and maybe next too.
I know i was a bastard last months... but cause of some shithappening in my life i have an extra time now))
SO STAY IN TOUCH! This post should be the start.



2008-PRESENT
Nice ska-core band coming out of Eugene, Oregon. They even sound a lil cracky. Great screaming vocals, lots of offbeat and quite specific horns (trumpet) which sometimes sound kinda latin (like in A Thousand Times). Not only punk and ska here, u can also find some metal riffs (In My Mind). The whole album sounds pretty solid. Only Rock The 40 Oz has no ska and stands a little aside. Must admit I like all the songs on the album, but the favorites would be Shot Down, Rock The 40 Oz, Broken World, In My Mind, Fade Away. First of all these guys reminded me of awesome canadians True Trout. And I had the same thing here, while listening to them in a wrong mood. So don’t be too lazy to check em out for the second time, if the first one wasn’t successful. Also second song In My Mind reminded of Stuck Lucky. Manitoba Lights have managed to surprise me in a good way and I think they do bring something fresh into the scene. Further work on back vocals and adding trombone or sax can improve the sound.

They've just started selling this CD!

And were glad to let me put this stuff for free here=)



Members:
Nick Gray - vocals; Tyler McFarlane - guitar; Kelan McFarlane - bass;
Timmy Casey - trumpet; Reid Ness - saxophone; Sean Meesey - trombone;
Cody Lamb - drums.

MANITOBA LIGHTS ON REVERB NATION



2010 - Flavor Country

128 kb/s, 37 mb, 11 tracks
DOWNLOAD

(lots of thx to Tyler and Nick)

Where to buy:
For ordering Flavor Country CD write to manitoba_lights@yahoo.com.
They sell it for $7 (+ shipping for worldwide orders).

No comments: